I love to eat food that is healthy but doesn’t feel like it! Comfort food is the best!
It gives me the greatest pleasure to sit down with friends and family to a meal that feels indulgent and naughty but is actually full of hidden veggies, healthy and guilt free!
My Gluten Free Chicken Schnitzel is one of those meals that tastes too good to be healthy.
I’d go so far as to say that it might just rival the traditional schnitzel. I don’t follow a 100% gluten free diet, but I do try to minimise my gluten intake and I believe that even non-coeliacs should try to be aware of how much gluten they are consuming. I think we eat too much gluten and that is why so many of us are suddenly finding ourselves intolerant.
Recipes like this help us to reduce our gluten intake while still enjoying delicious food.
So here it is, my Gluten Free Chicken Schnitzel
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup macadamia meal (made by processing whole macadamias)
- ¼ pumpkin, chopped
- Rocket, cucumber, red onion, capsicum for side salad
1. Place pumpkin on oven tray and roast for 20-30 minutes until soft (approx 180 degrees).
2. Spread the macadamia meal on a shallow bowl or plate
3. Dip the chicken in the egg and then roll in the nut meal
4. Place the schnitzel on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for 7-10 minutes each side until cooked through
5. Chop up salad ingredients and arrange on plate
Serve and enjoy!