These balls are great with zucchini pasta for a main meal or with tzatziki for a snack. The quinoa and almonds make them high in protein so a great vegetarian dish and carnivores won’t even notice that the meat is missing!
1 sweet potato
1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
½ bunch basil
1 cup raw almonds
1 clove garlic
½ tablespoon coconut flour
½ teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
1. Peel sweet potato, cut into 4, place on a lined baking tray and bake at 180 for 30 mins, turning once. Set aside to cool.
2. Rinse quinoa then place in saucepan with 1.5 cups water. Bring to boil then simmer with lid on for 10 minutes, return to strainer and drain out excess water (push quinoa with back of spoon to get water out).
3. In your blender (I use a stick mixer so has to be done in batches), blend the almonds then add the quinoa, sweet potato, garlic, salt then basil until all combined.
4. Form into golf ball sized balls (approx. 16 balls) and place on lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake on 180 for 25 minutes, turning twice.
Serve with raw zucchini pasta (use a grater or peeler to make your pasta), tzatziki, lemon juice and olive oil for a meal or, dip into tzatziki at a party or picnic. Enjoy!