I love my shakes for Breakfast and I've recently been asked what I put in them. Well, this changes every day but I thought I'd share a few of my standard favourites.
My Detox Smoothie above was delicious (don't be put off by the colour, you can't really taste the spirulina). It was made from:
- 250ml Coconut milk
- 1/2 frozen banana (peel before freezing)
- 1 teaspoon enterocare powder (a probiotic and slippery elm supplement)
- 1.5 scoops Thermophase detox powder (a protein powder which also helps with liver detoxification)
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- Cinnamon on top
It was so yummy and kept me full until lunch time.
Sometimes if I'm in a rush I'll just have protein powder (at the moment I'm using rice protein) with almond, hazelnut or coconut milk or sometimes just with water.
This morning I skipped the protein powder and just had a Green Banana Smoothie:
- 250ml Almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 teaspoon enterocare
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon avocado (makes it really creamy)
Sometimes I'll add berries too but I pretty much always have frozen banana because it tastes yum and makes it nice and cold.
Feel free to share with me some of your favourite smoothie ingredients.