I am pretty proud of this unbelievably good gluten free, refined sugar free buckwheat biscotti recipe.
Last week I decided I was going to make buckwheat biscotti and bought the ingredients before I'd looked up any recipes online. When I got home and searched for recipes I couldn't really find any! So I had to invent my own!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1.5 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shelled unsalted pistachio nuts
- Preheat your oven to 160C
- Sift flours and baking powder into a bowl, add sugar and mix together
- Add eggs, vanilla, cranberries and pistachios. Mix until a dough is formed.
- Lightly flour your workbench with buckwheat flour and knead the dough until smooth
- Dived into 2 logs and place on tray lined with baking paper
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool
- Use a serrated knife to slice the biscotti log into biscuits - approx. 8mm thickness
- Place slices back on baking tray and bake for 15minutes or until golden and cooked through
- Allow to cool and store your delicious buckwheat biscotti in an airtight container