Do you struggle with your skin?
Whether its acne, drying, or premature aging, your skin health is a reflection of your inner health and what you eat really makes a difference.
Here are a few foods you can include to help improve the health and appearance of your skin:
1. Include plenty of oily fish such as salmon.
The omega 3 fats help to reduce inflammation, hydrate, and plump up skin cells promoting a clearer, smoother and more radiant appearance.
2. Eat plenty of foods rich in zinc such as almonds, brazil nuts, pecans, pine nuts, oysters and meat.
Low levels of zinc can be a contributing factor in acne and slow wound healing.
3. Eat a rainbow of fruit and vegetables every day to get anti-aging antioxidants and vitamins.
Vitamin C helps the body to produce collagen, and antioxidants fight the free radicals that cause premature aging.
4. Foods high in beta-carotene will help to prevent those unsightly red bumps on the backs of your arms.
Include sweet potato, carrots, mangoes, peaches and spinach.
5. Dehydration can cause dull, wrinkled skin and also reduces the body’s ability to detoxify.
Ensure you drink plenty of pure water each day to promote clear, youthful skin.
6. Tomato, watermelon and grapefruit are high in a substance called Lycopene.
Lycopene has been shown to help protect the skin from UV damage as well as giving it a smoother appearance.
In general, if you aim for a diet full of fresh fruit and vegetables, oily fish, pure water and reduce processed, packaged, sugary foods you will be well on your way to improving your skin health.